The Point 2 Point Maps
The 2017 course will be significantly different this year (last few miles anyway), as we will be finishing at the Skullcandy World HQ building out in Kimball Junction (more details on the finish area coming soon). Additionally, we’ve lengthened the Round Valley start run-in with a little more double track (up Round Valley Express trail), this should
help open things up a bit more before hitting Ramble West singletrack.
Best practice on race day…follow all trail markings, not your GPS unit. The course will be marked with Orange Spray Chalk, Tie-on Orange Ribbon, and very occasional arrow signs. Again, there more than likely will be a change or two from what you see on this map, so be aware (check this page on occasion, I’ll list changes as they arise). Also, we will review tweaks to the course at the racer meeting on Friday night of packet pick-up (6:30).
View the embedded course below, or you can view the 2017 course by clicking this link (download a GPX – lower right corner of the trailforks.com page) > CLICK HERE FOR TRAILFORKS P2P MAP
Total Miles: A little over 75 Miles
90% Singletrack (Probably more, but we don’t want the other races to feel bad)
Around 12,000′ + Elevation Gain (give or take a 1,000′)
Average Finish Time: 8.5 – 9 hours (Fastest, sub 7 hours, slowest a little over 12 hours)
Very Brief Written Description of the P2P Course
Don’t try to ride the course using these as directions – you’ll get lost!
- Start at Quinn’s Jct. Recreation Complex (Round Valley)
- Quick lap in Round Valley and then back through Quinn’s Start/Finish area
- Under 224 and up onto Skid Row and around on Lost Prospector
- Into the Oaks area, up Snow Top and into Deer Crest and Deer Valley
- Down Village trail and back up Pipeline and Deer Crest, around on Mid-Mtn trail to Silver Lake at Deer Valley
- Leave Silver Lake on Mid-Mtn Trail and climb Big Bear
- Ontario Loop, descend upper Boulder and then onto Moose Bones over to TG
- Riders will stay on TG and then drop down to Mid-Mountain via Corvair
- From Mid-Mountain riders will drop on to Sam’s Trail, then to Empire Link Trail
- From Empire Link Trail racers will head to Park City Resort via Johns 99
- DH Johns and then promptly climb back up via Jenni’s Trail, Steps and Three-Candles
- Descend to Shadow Lake via Keystone trail and circle it clockwise, finish top decent on Powerline Trail.
- Climb up Thayne’s access road to the start of the Crescent Mine Grade (CMG) Trail descent – take it all the way to the base of Park City Mountain Resort (Refuel)
- Climb up and out of Park City Mountain Resort Via Armstrong Trail to the Mid-Mountain Trail
- Riders will stay on Mid-Mountain Trail and circle the East side of Iron Mountain, Up Iron Man and then down Gold Finger.
- Continue heading toward Red Pine Lodge on Canyons Village side of Park City Resort, staying on Mid-Mountain trail and on to Ambush trail intersection.
- Down Ambush trail to intersection of Rob’s, Ambush and Olympic Ridge, take Olympic Ridge Trail toward Utah Olympic Park
- Moose Puddle, cross the parking area for the bobsled start house and descend on Legacy Loop/Iron Bill down to road crossing (Olympic Park Drive).
- One last descent after road cross on RTS trail toward Skullcandy HQ building and the finish venue for some desired R & R and post-race meal.
Questions should be directed HERE