P2P Course Details
The Point 2 Point course is constantly evolving. In the early years, it was an absolute giant that would beat you down, we used whatever trails we could to make it all connect. In recent years, the course has grown as the trails of Park City have too, and what we’ve assembled today makes this one of the best endurance courses in the country.
The best option on race day…follow all trail markings, not your GPS unit. The course will be marked with orange spray chalk, tie-on orange ribbon, and occasional arrow signs. More than likely there will be a course change or two from what you see on this posted map, don’t be surprised by that and we will communicate tweaks as they present themselves. Also, we will review the course at the racer meeting on Friday night of packet pick-up (6:30).
A HUGE shoutout to Todd at Trailforks for assisting with the development of our P2P course pages on the Trailforks platform.
Total Miles: Approx 78 miles this year.
90% Singletrack (Probably more, but we don’t want the other races to feel bad)
Around 11,000′ + Elevation Gain (give or take a 1,000′)
Average Finish Time: 9 hours (Fastest, just over 6 hrs, slowest is nearly 13 hours)
Map Link – 2022 Course
2022 official Park City Point 2 Point Course Map
Very Brief Written Description of the P2P Course
Don’t try to ride the course using these as directions – you’ll get lost!
- Start at Quinn’s Jct. Recreation Complex (Round Valley)
- Quick lap in Round Valley and then back through Quinn’s Start/Finish area
- Under 224 and up onto Skid Row and around on Lost Prospector
- Into the Oaks area, up Snow Top and into Deer Crest and Deer Valley
- Down Village trail and back up Pipeline and Deer Crest, around on Mid-Mtn trail to Silver Lake at Deer Valley
- Leave Silver Lake on Mid-Mtn Trail and climb Big Bear
- Ontario Loop, descend upper Boulder, and then onto Moose Bones over to TG
- Riders will stay on TG and then drop down to Mid-Mountain via Corvair
- From Mid-Mountain riders will drop Little Chief to John’s 99 and then up Mother Urban trail
- Off Mother Urban and onto Mid-Moutain trail in PC Resort for the Johns descent (enjoy)
- DH Johns and then promptly climb back up via Jenni’s Trail, Steps and Three-Candles
- Left toward Fat-Lip for a jaunt up to 9k Trail that will take you to Shadow Lake.
- From Shadow Lake back over to Apex Trail on Keystone to Crescent Mine Grade (CMG) Trail descent – take it all the way to the base of Park City Mountain Resort (Refuel)
- Climb up and out of Park City Mountain Resort Via Armstrong Trail to the Mid-Mountain Trail
- Riders will stay on Mid-Mountain Trail towards Iron Mountain, Up Iron Man and then all the way back out to Mid-Mountain Trail.
- Continue heading toward Red Pine Lodge on Canyons Village side of Park City Resort, staying on Mid-Mountain trail and on to Ambush trail intersection.
- Ambush to Olympic Trail to Moose Puddle (you’re getting close now!)
- Moose Puddle, cross the parking area for the bobsled start house, and descend on Legacy Loop/Iron Bill down to the road crossing (Olympic Park Drive).
- One last descent after road cross on BYOB trail toward Skullcandy HQ building and the finish venue for some desired R & R and post-race meal.
Questions should be directed HERE