PCP2P Trail Impact Information for our Local Trail Users
Event Date: September 4th, 2021
Thanks for visiting this page, we appreciate you taking the time to research which trails will be impacted the day of the Park City Point 2 Point.
75 miles of trail are used to make the race possible, we start in Round Valley and we finish at the Skullcandy HQ Bldg at Kimball Junction. It is quite easy to avoid the event if you plan correctly.
Here is a complete map of the course for your reference (thanks to MTBproject.com) CLICK HERE
Really, there are two things to remember.
- If you are using trails BEFORE NOON – you should use trials in Park City Mountain, Canyons Village and Utah Olympic Park areas
- If you are using the trails AFTER 1PM – you should use trails in and around Deer Valley Resort and over near Round Valley and Lost Prospector
Here is a rough estimate of how the race will flow throughout the day, and the trails used. THANK YOU for your understanding and helping us to execute this great event here in Park City, UT.
Very General Main-Field Time Flow:
• 7:00AM Start at Quinn’s Junction Recreation Complex (Round Valley Trails)
• 7:45AM – 8:15AM Racers will make their way back through the Quinn’s complex (crossing the road in front of the Ice Rink
• 8:00AM – 9:30AM racers will make their way up Skid Row and into the Lost Prospector Trail System, all racers into Lower Deer Valley at Deer Crest by 10:00AM.
• 9:30AM – Noon Racers will make their way through the Deer Valley Area and start heading towards Park City Mountain Resort
• 11:30AM – 3:00PM racers will be making their way across to PCMR on Johns 99 (field really spreading out now), the trail descends, ascends and then descends again to land at the bottom of First Time Lift – first riders will arrive here around 11:30 potentially with the majority coming through around 1:45PM.
• 3:30PM is our cutoff time for leaving the PCMR base area. So last riders will leave right up to the 3:30PM mark.
• 1:30PM at the Utah Olympic Park, we may have already seen our first rider cross the finish line by this time. Most racers will finish in the window between 3:00 – 5:00PM.
Front of the Pack Fast Racers (Top 20 Open Field Racers)
Out of Round Valley > 7:45AM
Aerie Road Crossing > 8:00AM
Mellow Mtn Road Crossing > 8:15AM
Solamere Road Crossing > 8:30AM
Top Deer Crest Gate > 8:45AM
Through Silver Lake @ Deer Valley > 9:15AM
TG trail off Guard Road > 10:00AM
Park City Mountain Resort Base Area > 11:15AM
Support #3 Colony on Mid Mtn Trail > 12:00PM
Finish at Kimball Junction (Skullcandy Bldg) > 1:00PM
And please note, we love the Park City trails as much as you do (or you wouldn’t be here). All of the signage, marking signs/tape, etc. will be thoroughly cleaned with 3 – 4 days of the event. Any trail damage will be repaired as soon as conditions allow for the repair to be made (in 10 years we’ve never had a need to repair a trail though). Thanks again for your patience and embracing this annual event.