For Reference only, this is 2019 event data (will be updated for 2020)
- COURSE: Course information is located under “The Race” tab on this site > find GPS maps there.
- PACKET PICK-UP/RACER MEETING FRIDAY, August 30th, 2019: Packet pick-up location will be at the Snyderville Basin Recreation District Field House (Map Located HERE), it will be from 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM. If you are racing, YOU MUST SHOW UP TO PICK UP YOUR NUMBER PLATE AND TO SIGN OUR WAIVER (your wife, your brother or your Mother, can’t sign the waiver for you – so please don’t ask). We WILL NOT be doing any packet pick-up on race day morning – sorry, it just is not logistically possible.
- Racer Meeting will start at approximately 6:30 PM> at the same location as packet pick-up. It is recommended (but of course, we can’t make you do anything).
- Weather Clause > The event is non-refundable. If the scheduled Saturday race is ever forced into cancellation, the plan will be to run the race on Sunday of Labor Day weekend (as long as conditions permit). Additionally, the race director has the authority to finish the race at Silver Lake in Deer Valley, or at Park City Mountain Resort, cutting sections of course as needed if racers are in danger. Please be aware, we can’t predict or control the weather, we will do everything in our power to complete the race (but your safety is very important to us), your ENTRY IS NON REFUNDABLE. Thanks for your understanding!
- GOOD STUFF always, every entered racer gets something groovy just for registering, not sure what it’ll be for this year yet. There are other benefits as well, wheel across the finish line and you’ll receive your “I did it” recognition gift. There is a raffle, this year you’ll get tickets Friday night at packet pick-up and you will be able to choose what you’d like to “try” and win! We also feed you…Komrades’s Food Truck will be at the Skullcandy finish area on Saturday.
- “I’M SOMEBODY” AWARD > Presented by Scott Sports and Inspired by the character from the movie The Jerk, Navin R. Johnson was elated to finally see his name in the phone-book and declared, “I’m somebody.” I noticed that you typically see the same fast folks winning stuff because they take top-spots at all the races. Well, this program is designed for those of us that typically finish out of the top 10! We will draw a number between 41 and 275 (275 is our average for actual finishers), and these numbers represent finishing places on Saturday. Let’s say the number drawn is 191 and you are the 191st person to cross the finish line, you are going to win a Scott bike (model to be determined). PLEASE NOTE: Due to the ever-changing standings as we suss through DQ’s and getting to a final “official” results list (sometimes not until late the following week after the P2P), the “I’m Somebody” award is given to the person that wheels across the finish line as the XXth racer (whatever number is drawn on Friday night). We are well aware of the fact that the racer associated with the number will change during the week following the event, but we feel the approach we’ve taken gives us the random finisher selection we need to award the bike and to properly expose our Sponsor during the event (we want to announce the winner on Saturday). The only way the winner would change from the finisher position on Saturday would be if they were disqualified from the race for some reason.
- LODGING: If you’ve not found a place to stay in Park City, Please check out the deals being offered by some of our lodging partners on our lodging page.
RACE DAY INFO
Start Area Notice
- Important, please read: you MAY NOT leave your car parked at the trailhead/start zone all day on race day.
Directions to Start from Salt Lake City
- Take I-80 East towards Park City
- Take Exit 146 to merge onto US-189 S/US 40 S towards Heber/Vernal
- Take exit 4 towards Park City
- Merge onto UT-248 5. Take your first right into the Quinn’s complex
Parking for the Start Area:
- You can have someone drop you off that will watch the start and then leave (PLEASE – NO LEAVING VEHICLES AT THE QUINN’S COMPLEX DURING THE RACE). Let your significant other know they can stay to watch as racers come back through the start area twice after the event. We need to start clearing the Quinn’s Junction start area around 9 AM.
- You can park at Skullcandy after 5 PM on Friday (TOP LOT Only) or Park City Mountains Lot Saturday AM and then ride your trusty steed to Quinn’s Junction Start Area. The route is mostly flat and there is a paved trail if you’d like. If you need directions > Google Map it, you are going to the “Quinn’s Sports Complex.” At the end of the day, get a ride back to your car from the finish area (Hitch a ride, or use Park City’s Transit station just steps from the new finish area) which is now located at Kimball Junction.
- The last, very exclusive and very limited option, is to park in the VIP lot at Quinn’s. You must register your vehicle with me (EMAIL YOUR REQUEST HERE) – and the reason you need to park here). There will be a $50 fee for parking here, and there are only 20 spaces available – first-come-first-served. The fees collected will be donated to the Mountain Trails Foundation for trails maintenance in the Round Valley area. This is only available for those in dire need of a parking solution, please find a ride to the venue. Thank You! Did I mention that you Can’t Leave a Car at the Quinn’s Junction Parking Lot all day? It will be towed at your expense.
RACER BAG SHUTTLE:
We will provide a service to shuttle racer bags to the 1st (Silver Lake at Deer Valley) Support zone (mile 28) and the 2nd (Bottom of Park City Mountain Resort) support zone (mile 53). The bag/cooler must be no wider than 20″ please – SOFT SIDE COOLER or BAGS only. You will drop your bag(s) off at the start area before 6:30 AM – – – All bags will be available for pick-up at the finish expo. FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, ON A PIECE OF TAPE HAVE YOUR RACE NUMBER CLEARLY DISPLAYED SO WE CAN ORGANIZE THEM IN ORDER FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE.
RACE START TIME:
The race will start at 7:00 AM on the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend. The Start is located at the Quinn’s Junction Sports Complex on HWY 248 (coming into Park City from East off of HWY 40). Parking is limited in the morning and you CAN’T leave a car at the start zone (See above info on Parking for Start Area)!
The PCP2P will be a “mass start” of sorts. The event is chip timed, so you don’t need to be in front to have an accurate time. There will be five clusters spaced at least one minute apart from one another. Where you start is up to you, don’t be a poser, race in the group you feel you’ll most likely finish in.
And a special note to our fast (7 – 8 hr) age group riders. PLEASE, don’t be an asshat as you ride up into and through the tail-end of the Pro/Open Women’s group. Be polite, ask for the trail to make a safe pass. You are not going to win the P2P on the Round Valley section of the race! If we continue to get complaints about this, and we can identify you by your number when there is an incident, you will be DQ’d.
- 7 AM- Pro/Open Men (Singlespeeder’s lined up at very back of the group)
- Pro/Open Women (2 minutes off)
- 7 – 8 Hrs. (2 minutes off)
- 8 – 9 Hrs. (60 seconds off)
- 9 plus Hrs. (60 seconds off)
PCP2P OFFICIAL FEED/AIDE ZONES:
There will be 3 feed zones and an H20 only station
- Deer Valley @ Silver Lake Lodge (Mile 28) (Support and Spectators Must Park HERE and ride lift up – each racer gets two free lift tickets to provide to family/friends)
- H20 station (Mile 33) – don’t blow by this without topping off your water, you may regret it on a warm day.
- Park City Support Station (Mile 53) Bottom of First Time Lift – North End of Base Area.
- On the Mid-Mountain trail just when you really, really need it (Mile 63) ! This will have the good stuff to get you to the finish area; Salts, Coke, Electrolyte tabs, etc…
The feed zones are not neutral – meaning racers are not required to stop if you spend 5 minutes at the feed zone and the guy behind you rides on – you’ll drop 5 minutes to him. Also, you can coordinate support anywhere you would like on the course.
Additionally, these are fill-and-go support stations (meaning, we are providing the beverages to fill your bottles and hydration packs). At most stations, we have a lot of volunteers and they are happy to help you fill-up.
You can take food/beverage anywhere on the course (that is legally accessible). Please read below about the official feed zones!
- At Silver Lake Lodge (Upper Deer Valley) > this will be located at the top of Silver Lake Express. ALL PUBLIC SUPPORT MUST BE DONE WITHIN THE ZONE WE MARK OFF – IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE DO NOT IMPEDE ON DEER VALLEY’S PAYING LIFT-SERVE MOUNTAIN BIKERS. Each racer will receive 2 lift tickets for a FREE round trip ride up to Silver Lake (THERE IS NO PARKING AT SILVER LAKE FOR THE PCP2P EVENT) > You Friends and Family MUST PARK HERE
- Park City Mountain (bottom of First Time Lift) > Again, please have your support crew use caution and stay clear of the racers getting to and from the PCP2P Support Zone. There will be an area designated for private support.
- The Park City Point 2 Point course is structured as open feed, meaning, someone can hand you food anywhere on course (that is safe and legally accessed).
FEED ZONE FOOD:
3. CarboRocket 333 for one-off mixing (we will not have this pre-mixed)
4. We will have one-off tabs from GU (electrolyte drinks only with no caloric value – and NO Caffeine)
5. Cold Coke (Park City/2 and Colony/3 Stations only)
1. GU Gels (mix of Regular and Roctane)
2. HoneyStinger Chews
3. Honey Stinger Waffles
4. Honey Stinger Gels
Assorted Real Food
Bananas, Oranges, PB & J’s, assorted cookies, sweets and salty treats.
If we don’t have what you like, you’ll need to carry your own grub or arrange for personal support at the feed stations. We’ve tried to supply some variety, I’m certain we will not please everyone, and we do apologize for that.
We hate to do this, but for the safety of the racers (you) and protecting the event, we need to set a cut-off time just prior to the long and very hard to access (in case of emergency) section of Mid-Mountain Trail. So racers not making it to the second aide/feed zone (Park City Mountain Resort) by 3:30 PM (that gives you 8.5 hours to ride 53 miles) will be asked to forfeit their number plate to the race officials. Of course, we can’t make you not finish the event > so if you’d like to continue on your own, we will have a release for you to sign and you can then continue to the finish (your result will be listed as a DNF).
This needs to be done at the finish line with the race promoter. Gather the details of your protest and present them before the presentation of the category awards being protested. Once awards to the top five have been presented, they are final (positions below the top 5 can change after the award presentation but not after the day of the race).
- Please, no headphones
- Our support stations are fill-and-go, if you looking to beat Alex Grant’s time this year and can’t wait, you better find someone to support you at the stations.
- Be cool to the volunteers, they are some of the best folks you will ever meet – they are here on their own time (they want to be here).
- BE KIND TO THE OTHER TRAIL USERS IN PARK CITY, just because you paid to race doesn’t give you a license to be a douche out on our Park City trails – these trails are for everyone and this IS NOT A CLOSED Course. This race has been granted permission to exist, it can be taken away and we don’t want that.
FINISH LINE FOOD:
The food at the finish area will be provided by Komrades Food Truck, racers will receive a meal and Powerade when you provide your wrist band. You can still eat if you DNF, just don’t cut off your wrist band. Our apologies, but we will not be serving beer at the finish venue, however, you may bring your own.
The guaranteed cash payout to the open classes is listed below and will payout 5 deep.
- The Winner of Each Age Group Category Receives $350!
- Open Class (Male & Female) 1st – $2,000 | 2nd – $1,000 | 3rd – $750 | 4th – $650 | 5th – $550
Each racer will get 2 tickets on Friday night to put in the opportunity drawings, there will be approximately 10 different featured drawings all thanks to our wonderful sponsors. Winners will be posted and announced on Saturday at the finish area.
PUBLIC OPPORTUNITY DRAWING TO BENEFIT THE PC HIGH SCHOOL MTB TEAM
Tell all your friends and family! To show our support of the Park City Community, we will be holding an Opportunity Drawing at the finish line of the PCP2P at Skullcandy. All Proceeds will go directly to the Park City High School Mountain Bike Team. We will be selling tickets the week prior to the event and all day at the finish area. You Do Not Need To Be Present to Win and we will be doing the drawing in the Finish Venue at 6:00 PM.
Get your tickets on Friday night at Racer Meeting, or Saturday in the Finish Venue
- 1 for $5 or 5 for $20
- More Details can be found HERE