Hello and Happy New Year to all you Park City Point 2 Point enthusiasts!
It is that time of the year again, racers are starting to think about the events they will be participating in and promoters are feverishly starting to prepare for planning these races. The Point 2 Point is going to have some significant changes for 2011, and details will start unfolding here on the site in the next week or so.
A couple things that are important to let you all in on now:
- Entries become available on February 15th, 2011 at 7PM mountain standard time. There will be a minimum 300 entries available at that time, probably more. As you all know, the maximum entrants is 350.
- One of the biggest changes for 2011 > we will only be offering solo race entries for 2011. I know this is going to be disappointing for a small group of racers, but the hard fact is most of the interest in the PCP2P is for solo racing. With very limited race positions we feel it necessary to do this.
- This year we are part of the NUE series!
- The course is going to a bit different this year, specifically through Deer Valley, as we try to mitigate parking issues at the upper parking lot (Silver Lake). More details will unfold on this in coming weeks. Will it be harder is the resounding question…and I don’t have the answer yet. My guess would certainly be yes, of course it will be harder. It’s always hard!
- Final pricing will be posted in the next week. The P2P registation fee is going to increase a bit due the elimination of the Duo classes and a couple additional fees we will be incurring this year (at Deer Valley and with Basin Recreation). I promise we will strive to keep the entry costs at or under $150 this year and into the future. We will also continue to try and provide a great product for your efforts to enter and finish this race!
Looking forward to a stellar weekend of racing in 2011. Drop your questions in below, or feel free to post them on Facebook or Twitter for all to see.