2020 Point 2 Point riders and racers, we are disappointed to join the ranks of so many other local and national events and will be canceling this year’s festivities. We will be back in 2021, mark your calendar now; the date will be Saturday, September 4, 2021.
Through the years, we’ve worked hard to build a strong reputation as a must-do event. With that in mind, I don’t feel we can execute at our standards, and that’s not fair to participants coming from all over the nation. We want everyone who participates to have the experience they deserve.
We hope everyone can respect our decision, as it was not an easy one.
If anyone needs qualifiable reasons for the decision, here’s what we took into consideration:
- The health and safety of participants, volunteers, spectators, and the community is paramount.
- Some participants and volunteers would be disappointed if we chose to move forward with the event – having one person questioning our decision would have been too many.
- We are a small organization and can’t risk taking a chance on the status of our nation in September.
The plan is to refund registered riders the base entry fee ($200) minus $10 for administrative costs related to registration and refunding. Expect a credit to the card you originally purchased with, hopefully within the next seven days. Those registered for 2020 will have an opportunity to re-register earlier than the general public next year for the 2021 event.
We will certainly keep our social outlets flowing with content over the coming months, so keep an eye out for when we open 2021 registration.
Thank you for all the support, stay safe, and see you in 2021.
I love this race. It’s become the highlight ride of the year for me the last 5 years. I support whatever you need to do to keep this alive year-after-year in the future including taking a partial refund or full donation of entry fee to help offset sunk hard costs and time that you no doubt will lose by canceling this year. Thanks for all you do!
Spencer Dow says
This would have been my first year competing in your race and I am bummed its cancelled. I think you should consider holding the event for only Utah residents, in light of the current circumstances. If not, thank you for refunding us and I will look forward to racing next year!
Richard Bennett says
So you’re refunding me 190 dollars for a race that cost me 230 dollars to sign up for?
Rethink your plan.